JP joined the Club in 1997. Positions held during his 20 years with the Club include:
- BHC President – 2008 – 2010 (3 years)
- BHC Vice President – 2005 – 2007 (3 years) and again 2011 – 2016 (6 years)
- Junior coach from U9s to U15 (7 Years)
- Men’s B grade coach, manager Men’s A grade
- BHC senior men’s team selector
- BHC representative on FNC Judiciary – 2014-2016
- Was part of the team involved in BHC’s strategic planning working group in 2009 to develop our junior program, increase club numbers and the start of bringing our new club house and turf to fruition.
- BHC President during the development and planning phase of the Turf Complex (and all the complexities involved for the new facility) as well as Vice President during the inaugural year of the turf.
- Volunteer work during the construction of the new club house and turf complex.
- Representative veteran hockey player for BHC, FNC & Hockey NSW (& nominated this year for Australian Over 50’s #1 side).
JP was inducted as life member Ballina Hockey Club in 2016