UPDATE: 13 June 2020
Information on the 2020 hockey season
I hope you are all well and safe and keen to get into the hockey season. Here is an update of what we know so far about our 2020 hockey season. We have our COVID-19 plan to recommence training, which has been approved by Hockey NSW.
Below is a summary of that plan, which all of our members and their families need to be aware of and are expected to respect:
- Please do not attend training if you are feeling unwell or exhibit flu-like symptoms
- There is a “Get in, train and get out” philosophy. i.e. be prepared to start training when you are scheduled to arrive, and exit the complex as soon as your training session has finished.
- Everyone who enters the complex is expected to sign an attendance register. Entry will be via the dugouts and you will exit the turf through the gate near the front entrance
- In an effort to minimise numbers at the turf, we are encouraging family members to stay away where possible
- Players are encouraged to make use of the hand sanitisers and wipes which the club will provide
- To minimise contact with equipment, players are asked to bring and use their own drink bottle. Coaches will be responsible for handling all training gear such as cones, balls etc
- Social distancing guidelines of 1.5 m is still the expectation, therefore we need to ensure that there are no team huddles, high fives or closely contested drills.
- At this stage, training is restricted to 10 players per quarter field and team coaches will be advising further about this.
- Please see attached “Individual Checklist” from Hockey NSW in preparation for recommencement
Training will likely start within the next fortnight. A training schedule is being developed which will determine the days and times that each team will train for both juniors and seniors. Team lists and training schedules will be made available via the website ASAP
Fees- HockeyNSW have announced that as part of the 2020 season fees, they will cover their portion of your fees in 2021. However a decision has not been made by FNC hockey at this stage.
Volunteers- As part of the Covid Plan, club volunteers are asked to assist with keeping the attendance records at training sessions, until further notice. If you are able to volunteer for this, please inform our president, Tony ‘Molly’ Meldrum on 0421612991.
See you all soon
Secretary Ballina Hockey Club
UPDATE: 28 May 2020
BHC training and games
BHC will resume training as soon as we receive the green light from Hockey NSW and Far North Coast Hockey. We will keep you posted.
See Hockey NSW’s returning to training notice: https://www.hockeynsw.com.au/latest-news/return-to-training-update-may-15th/
Register to play
Are you wanting to play this season? make sure you register ASAP so we can finalise our teams and organise your uniform as soon as we get the OK to start the comp. Register here.
BHC turf hire
BHC turf hire is also not available until the Club receives the green light from Hockey NSW and Far North Coast Hockey.
COVID-19 resource hub
Hockey NSW’s COVID-19 resource hub has the latest updates on what’s happening with hockey. Goto: https://www.hockeynsw.com.au/info-hub/covid-19-resources/
- returning to hockey
- club checklist and safety plan
- advice on returning to training
- return to play guidelines and player checklists
- framework for return to play
- field configurations
- and lots more
Further info contact: Molly at President@ballinahockey.org.au