Over the past month, Hockey NSW has worked closely with several stakeholders including Hockey Australia, the NSW Government and our Associations and Clubs to manage the impact of COVID-19.

On March 17th, Hockey NSW announced a tentative date of Saturday May 2nd for the resumption of hockey activities. Due to the NSW State Government’s current Public Health Order (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) – which does not expire until the 29th June 2020 – our original proposed resumption date is now untenable.

As such, it is the strong recommendation of Hockey NSW that the start of all hockey competitions in NSW are delayed until Saturday 18th July 2020.

In determining this date, Hockey NSW has taken into consideration the current Government restrictions, as well as the dates of the NSW July school holidays. This would allow a potential return to training on 1st  July 2020 subject to the status of public health restrictions and advice.

As the result of this delay, Hockey NSW has made a decision on 2020 season registration fees. Please click here to view this information.

The COVID-19 situation is still constantly changing, as is the advice from State and Federal Governments. We are committed to keeping all our members updated over the next few months to ensure they are kept informed of further changes. 

Hockey NSW have now prioritised our energies into planning for the resumption of community hockey competitions around the State. Our staff have already contacted all Associations and are providing them with any assistance they require. 

We appreciate the patience and support of our entire hockey community throughout this period. We would also like to acknowledge the hard-work and efforts of our volunteers at Clubs and Associations who have been undertaking important tasks to ensure that they remain economically viable and can return to the field as soon as practicable.

If you would like clarification around this guidance or become aware of any confirmed COVID-19 cases at your Club or Association, please use the appropriate links below.

Report a Confirmed Case: